Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dumpster Runs

So today (June 24), I started removing all of the junk from the house, loaded it into a pickup (I made about three trips), and dumped it in a big burning pile. A friend of mine who works at the Fertilizer Plant in town was kind enough to let me use that as a place to throw all the old furniture!

I've decided that this is something I really want to do myself, as nice as help would be. So I managed to pick up and move almost all of the furniture myself. At one point I was trying to throw a recliner into the back of the pickup and got stuck in an odd position. If i let it go, it would've landed on my foot, so I was just standing there awkwardly...waiting. Luckily, a few kids rode by on a golf cart and I hollered for help. Thanks Bryce!! He gave me the extra push I needed to get it into the pickup bed.

I also bleached the bathroom, swept all of the floors, removed carpeting that was left around the edges of the hardwood floor (I know, really?), and wet-swiffered the floors. This is all I really wanted to do before I started painting, since I'll need to re-clean the floors afterwards. After I few hours I was exhausted, cut and bruised from moving all that stupid stuff. Next comes paint!!

No comments:

Post a Comment