Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Move In Ready??


I'm almost "move-in ready"! Today, I finished painting the bedroom. I covered the walls with one coat of Lyndhurt Timber, then noticed some weird shapes forming on the only wall I hadn't primed (it was already white, so I didn't think I needed to). Although the shapes weren't there with the white paint, they started to show through the one coat of tan paint. I noticed some mountains, an I <3 U, and other words I couldn't make out. I had heard that the previous renters painted sayings on one of the walls, but I had no idea they would show through when I painted!! Luckily, they disappeared with a second coat. Here's the finished bedroom!!

My grandma Yvonne (my dad's mom) was nice enough to come and clean out my kitchen cupboards for me. I'm so thankful she did, because I probably wouldn't of had the ambition to do it myself. She mixed a bit of Murphy Oil with water and scrubbed each cupboard, inside and out. It took her the whole time I was painting the bedroom, but that just shows how good of a job she does. I should hire her to do the floors later ;) Below is a photo of the mess I currently have in the living room. Notice the primed wall on the far side--this will hopefully be painted tan by tomorrow!

My friend Nick was kind enough to lend me his carpet shampooer, so I finished shampooing the carpet in the bedroom late tonight. This should be dry by tomorrow so I can move my bed in and start getting my bedroom ready for sleeping! I'd like to be able to sleep there by the end of the week so I'll be more motivated to finish the rest of the house. Updates tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment