Friday, July 1, 2011

Tweed!

I've made quite a bit of progress since our last chat! I got the electricity and internet put to my name (but I won't get service until Tuesday, hence the lack of contact). I moved in most of my things and the bedroom is starting to look like home! I've slept in my new house for two nights now.

Last night my sister Kelsey and I painted the living room. I was so thankful for her help. It goes by so much faster with two people. The whole living room is paneling and each ridge needs to be painted with a brush to ensure it's all one color...ugh. I'm just thankful that it's done now! However, I've noticed that a lot of the trim still has the blue paint from the previous tenants...any advice on how to fix it? The owners asked me not to paint any of the wood trim because it's all original to the house (and I wouldn't paint it anyways), but it looks horrible to have this blue paint all over it. Oh well, I don't think I have the motivation to scrape each trim, and I don't know that I want to paint it tan either....we'll see. I also moved in my new (old) couch. It's a hide-a-bed, so it was extremely heavy, but hopefully worth it! I love the color on the tweed, below. The couch right now, however, is in pieces because I was cleaning out the bed and shampooing the fabric. I'm excited to get it all set up though!


I also purchased a rug for the living room and a new showerhead! The old one was spraying every which way. This one is much more pleasant. I've been dreaming about a showerhead like this for years (the rain style) and I'm so happy to finally have it! One thing that wasn't included in my dream shower was a view. Yes, there's a window in the shower. Luckily, it's towards the back of the house and my view is of fields. But it's surprisingly pleasant to shower and have a nice view! You should try it sometime. To the right is my shower view. Besides the propane tank and broken blinds, it's not so bad!

This brings me to my next point...the blue fridge! Walking by it everyday just drives me nuts, so I'm going to have to do something soon. I think I'll paint over it with acrylics....I'm thinking something "Starry Night"-esque??? If you guys have any ideas for me I'd love to hear them! For now, I'm on to scrub the living room floors and then pick out a color for the kitchen. I'm torn between red or a light green....

No comments:

Post a Comment