Saturday, July 23, 2011

Busy day prepping for the House Warming Party!

What a busy day! I've swept, mopped and vacuumed everything...again. Yesterday my grandma came to clean out my messy sink for me and left her green scrubber and barkeeper's friend for me to clean out the bathtub today. Check it out---you can see where I had started scrubbing and the difference it had already made.
And finally, the finished product. It still isn't perfect, but I'm getting closer and closer to actually taking a bath in it!

In more artistic news, I'm putting the finishing touches on my bedroom. I found this lamp at the trailer house. It was a rusty old gold so I spray painted it white to go with the room. The lamp shade was in rough shape and I haven't had time to run to Forks to find a new one, so the scarf will do for now. I painted these four pictures for my old apartment--we had a huge empty wall that they fit perfectly on. I was planning on making a big white headboard out of hard foam with cloth covering it, but I thought this would work nicely too (since I don't have any big walls to put this on). I like it for now, but I'm going to need some better pillows to go with it! I'm also on the search for a lamp to put on the right side of the bed. Wish me luck at my House Warming party and I hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Don't burn your house down!! :) I hope you have a good quality light bulb.

    ReplyDelete