Thursday, July 14, 2011

Clean Basement = Happy Renter

Charles Lippert and Ward Hoge are my two new favorite people. And for good reason! They have worked hard the past two days to clean out my nasty, icky basement. Below are pictures of the various areas. One door (the first photo) leads to a room with an old fuel tank. Charles is in the other doorway, which leads into the backyard. The stairs are broken and the area had been previously used as a garbage.... So there was a lot of work to do. I don't have before pictures because I was too grossed out to go down there for anything but laundry. For the record, I grew up on a farm but have never called myself a "farm girl". Sorry dirty, grimy stuff, you're not for me. Now this area is all cleaned out. The mushrooms are still around, but I'm working on that. We (Charles, Ward and I) have talked about what to do with the bathroom, but there aren't any solid plans yet. It wouldn't take much to get this place in good shape, which I'm excited about!






In other news, I finally got around to hanging the picture frames that Mom got me for Christmas! I filled the frame set with photos from Europe. There's enough pictures around here of me that I figured this would be a nice change. This is now the area right by the front door. Below is a closer shot of the photo collage.
Below is a photo of where I put the TV stand (I haven't purchased a TV yet...) and the Ikea cord I hung above it. I decided to display my Voice Recital posters. If you missed them, they're silly photos of me with handwritten "WED 7:30" on each one to let people know when my Recital was. Although they weren't the most informative or normal, I think they were fun and original. I found them in the move and thought they'd be fun to hang there until I get Christmas Cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment